Race your way around the flying curves of Acres of Fun Speedway and see who can be the first to the finish line! Drivers must be 56” tall to drive themselves. Guests over 40” tall may ride with a licensed driver. Open weather permitting. Go-Karts cannot operate under thunder/lightning conditions, rain, or when the track is wet. Open weather permitting June to September.
Go-Kart Rules & Guidelines
- You must be 56″ tall to drive (58″ for our two “Sidekick” karts) and 40″ tall to be a passenger. Passengers are only permitted to ride with a licensed driver. Passengers in a double kart may not operate the kart in any manner or hold the steering wheel at any time. Guests meeting the driver height requirement may not ride as a passenger.
- Slip-on shoes are not recommended. Hair longer than shoulder length and loose fitting clothing must be secured. We ask that all hats be removed.
- Obey all verbal instructions by track attendants. Failure to follow all rules and instructions may result in injury to yourself or others and will result in a loss of privileges without refund.
- While on Go-Karts, please refrain from using cell-phones, cameras, etc.
- Remain seated at all times. Seat belts must be worn and secure at all times. Keep your hands, arms, legs, and feet inside the kart at all times. Keep your hands on the steering wheel at all times.
- Please do not run in the pit area. Once you are in your kart, please keep your foot on the brake until your kart has been directed to exit the pit area. Karts must stay in their single-file line until leaving the pit area.
- There is absolutely no bumping, swerving, or pushing other karts with your kart. These are NOT bumper cars. Do not hit or rub the guard rail. When rounding corners, do not cut off other karts with your kart or squeeze other karts. Do not swerve your kart unnecessarily. Pay attention to karts in front of you. Do not hit slower or stopped karts.
- In the event of an accident or spin out, all karts will lose power. Take your foot off the gas and put it on the brake to stop your karts. We cannot help karts until all karts have stopped. Do not begin moving again until signaled to do so.
- A checkered flag will be waved to indicate the last lap. When you see the flag, go around one more time and then enter the pit area SLOWLY. Do NOT speed up to “win”. (You will in fact lose by not being allowed to ride again in the future.) Please remain seated with your seat belt securely fastened until you have been told you may stand up.
- The following guests should not ride:
- Persons with head, back or neck ailments
- Women who are pregnant
- Persons with heart conditions
- Additionally, anyone suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to ride.
- R.C. 1711.551 requires that riders must obey all warnings and directions regarding this ride and behave in a manner that will not cause or contribute to injury to themselves or others. Failure to comply is a misdemeanor.
- By riding this ride, riders and drivers assume all risks of injury. Acres of Fun reserves the right to refuse admittance to this ride to anyone.
- Acres of Fun reserves the right to alter dates, times, conditions of season pass without notice. Acres of Fun will occasionally close the park for larger corporate outings. This typically happens 1-5 times per year. In most cases, the park will open to the public at 5 p.m.
- Acres of Fun is committed to the highest degree of ride maintenance, but with all things mechanical, equipment does breakdown at times. It is very rare when an attraction is closed for repairs but if or when that occurs, there is no substitution of attractions.
- Acres of Fun can operate through some inclement weather, but it is our policy to temporarily close an attraction(s) when conditions (i.e.. lightning) threaten our guests and team members. There is no substitution of attractions when this occurs.
- Acts of God (i.e.. floods, lightning, tornadoes, etc.) and circumstances beyond Acres of Fun’s control (power outage, disruption of water, natural gas leak, etc.) are not reasons for substitution of attractions.